Very off topic

Shit! I liked him.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

One of our great songwriters.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

In message , Mr Pounder Esquire writes

Yeah, I saw him live somewhere in London many years ago. Not everyone's taste, but a good concert.

Reply to
Graeme

"Dan S. MacAbre" wrote re Neil Diamond:

Responsible for one of the most ludicrous song beginnings I've heard: "Love on the racks" (sic), and a succession of egotistical album covers, including the egregious "Hot August Night" on which he appears to be fantasizing DIY.

Reply to
John

music to jerk off, by?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

He ain't dead yet guys, he's only stopping touring and intends to carry on recording. He's probably got a good few years left in him yet.

Parkinsons's is pretty common, around 1:500 (or 127,000 diagnosed) in the UK. It's very treatable in the early stages but the progression is unstoppable. It won't kill you directly but something like a fall or pnumonia will get you that maybe linked to having Parkinsons.

I'm not going to let it stop me until it, literally, stops me.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And a very nice guy. Worked on a few of his TV shows back in the '70s. One of those rare musicians who had more than sufficient technical knowledge to ask for what he wanted and needed. And was quick to praise when he got the results he wanted.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There was a good documentary about him called 'Solitary Man'. He seemed a genuine enough bloke.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

That was my impression too. He was quite rare in knowing what he wanted and being able to get everyone on his side by explaining why. Unlike so many who just threw their toys out of the pram when things weren't going well - for whatever reason. A true gentleman.

I usually end up with one of his CDs in the car autochanger. Something very comforting about his songs - even when all doom and gloom. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He joins Linda Ronstadt with the same complaint of course. itws what can happen with age. She is 71 Neil is 77 today. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He would say they were humorous though. if you have ever heard him interviewed, he did not take himself too seriously. Yes Love on the Racks was very amusing.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Of course another sufferer of Parkinsons is David 'Kid' Jensen. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff