Vegetable oil fuel.

So no danger to life then.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Happened to a friend of mine's Galaxy recently. Of course he stalled it as you always have the hope that it will be repairable. It was, however and to quote a previous poster, toast anyway :o(

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Several years ago, kits were available to convert petrol engines to run on propane gas, in the red cylinders. Presumably, these users should have paid road fuel tax, but I do not recall it being mentiioned by a couple of gas-car converters I knew at the time. The performance was a bit down, though, bit like some diesels.

Reply to
4square

They should, they should also have had a reality check.

The major headache with using a petrol engine from a red propane cylinder is that it's a very expensive way to buy LPG. The last time I bought LPG this way it was over £1.20 per kg, the pump price is £0.36-£0.52 per litre, duy paid. With a R.D. of 0.5 that works out as at between 72p to £1.04 per Kg pump price duty paid. So even dodging the duty, using red cylinders for cars is paying over the odds.

Of course there are people who appear to steal the red cylinders from the side of railway lines, looking at the number of very large cylinders dumped at the roadside that bear Network Rail logos.

Reply to
Steve Firth