Using a self levelling laser high up near the ceiling

Just dug out my Bosch self levelling laser with tripod.

However it only self levels if it is within 4 degrees of horizontal.

If I want to set a level near the ceiling I need the head of the laser over 2 metres off the ground.

That's one hell of a tripod!

Any clever tricks for getting the laser level head up that high (with or without a tripod)?

I could get the height by combining the tripod and tall steps but then the feet of the tripod would have to be very close together and probably make the whole thing unstable.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Something like this will do?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Many laser levels have available mounting brackets for screwing (or holding magnetically) e.g. Bosch BM1

Reply to
Andy Burns

Stick a screw in the wall, and hang it on that... (there should be a hanging point in its holster - if yours has not got one, then a couple of bit of wood screwed together to make a simple shelf for it) .

Reply to
John Rumm

Good spot. :-)

So a plasterboard lifter (I have two) plus a camera clamp off eBay should do the job nicely.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Bodged it with a wobbly balance on top of a tall pair of steps.

Not satisfactory from more than very occasional use, though.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David