Bosch Quigo Lase level

Any one used one of these units? How good are they ? We have a one off job to fit three runs of wall cabinets .f4.2m ], 5,2m and 10m runs. Not our normal line of work so don't want to splash big money for a rarely used tool.

Reply to
fred

Bought one for a one off job (but more in prospect) because I have proved to myself that I have problems marking up an accurate level.

Worked fine for me, although the tripod wasn't that good and even with my collection of tripods I had to use steps to raise the head to get anywhere near 6' off the ground.

Impressive when it wobbles and self levels.

Hardest part is not looking at the laser source.

Getting a long line along a wall requires you to have enough space to back away from the wall.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Lidl have a self levelling laser level in today?s ( Thursday 23rd)offers, no idea how good it is but at 19.99 may be worth considering.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Whoops ,Thursday 24 th. GH

Reply to
Marland

Thanks for that. Job is on long finger at moment but I will try one when it comes up

Reply to
fred

I've got one and mentioned it in another thread.

I've not used it in anger yet but a quick play says it sorts the difficulty of levelling a basic laser pointer on a stand using the inbuilt spirit levels etc they have.

There was mention of better units which produce dots of some sort, but failed to get an explanation of what they do and why they're needed.

At the price it seems remarkable value for money and ideal for the uses I'll have (or had) for such a device. Like tiling and so on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The up/down dots are useful e.g. if you want to drop a vertical as a virtual plum-bob from a joist to the floor, the left/right dots let you transfer a level from wall-to-wall around a room e.g. for tiling or fitting a dado rail.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah - gotcha. Not sure that's worth 10 times the Lidl one to me, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When all people like you can do is post a link when it's obvious it doesn't explain it fully to me, I'd guess they don't know much about it either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I didn't claim anything

Re-posted the link to just as it arrived here.

But thanks for confirming you'd rather spend time arguing about that than explaining how it works. Which rather proves you don't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)