gaggenau wall oven installation (120/240v)

I know, I know. Everyone will say don't screw around with electricity if you don't know what you are doing and OK, I will certainly hire an electrician for this job anyway but I need to satisfy my curiosity.

I just bought a used Gaggenau convection wall oven (two in fact) to replace the ancient only-half working double unit currently installed. model SBK 695-600

On big-ish appliances (Stoves, clothes dryers etc.) I am used to seeing big fat thick electrical wires, suitable for 240V, that clearly need careful handling. These units had skinny little wires though in the standard three-colours. The wiring diagram shows these specs:

120/240V 60hz 13.5A

Does this mean that these units can connect to the standard 120V AC power supply? I mean, this coding looks like the AC Adaptor for my laptop which basically means it will work off of any power supply in North America or in Europe.

I guess I am asking because I don't really want to hire an electrician to come over and put a standard 3-prong plug on the line and plug it into a standard wall socket and say "Voila! that' be $200 please."

Reply to
pstock