preventing sink scum

I used to live in a place with a porcelain sink, it almost never had to be cleaned.

but in the places I've lived since, with plastic sinks, the scum builds up really fast.

Why? my guesses:

Maybe it's a difference in the water? hard water causes more scum?

possibly, porcelain is smoother microscopically, and the soap/oil sheds off it?

possibly, difference in how fast the sinks drain?

anybody have experience with porcelain sinks, are they better this way?

Laura

Reply to
Lacustral

Porcelain is much easier to keep clean and harbors less bacteria--it stays smoother and dries faster. Gritty cleansers will scratch plastic composite and porcelain bathroom fixtures, and these scratches create places where dirt and bacteria live.

Reply to
Phisherman