Unidentified timber vendor - DIY store - recognise the label? HELP!

With a couple of thousand of you out there, I was hoping that this label would be recognised. I need urgently to know the likely store that sells it. Its the sort of label one is likely to find on a DIY store such as Wickes or Homebase or B and Q. Go to this link to see a photo

George

Reply to
mail

Doing a quick search on Google for the bar code number points to B&Q

Go to the B&Q website, then slap in 5014957047174 in the search, and bingo!

Here is a link

Toby

looks like B&Q to me

J^n

Reply to
jkn

snipped-for-privacy@atics.co.uk gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian

Yup. Wickes is similar but yellow.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

One feels compelled to ask why you need to know (and urgently)?

Reply to
Rory_Fire

well, if it is from b&Q, it's prolly full of knotts and more bent than graham norton, so he needs to know which area managers arse to shove them up sideways.

Reply to
gazz

Thanks to Toby JKN the Medway Handiman and gazz

Yes it is B & Q

For the curiosity of Rory I have been asked for my expert opinion on ageing some timbers in a Court case in which I am instructed and was considering dendrochronology until I went on site and found this label. As my brief was to age it within decades, this label puts the timber pretty squarely in the last decade or so but I will check with the store! Thanks to you all

Chris

Reply to
mail

Have you considered that the label may not be contemporaneous with the timber?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's why B&Q sponsored her on her round the world sailing trip. It saved the boat builders hundreds of hours as they didn't need to bend the wood for the three hulls!!

John

B&Q fo' sho'

Reply to
Steve Walker

No, because there is a label on every single one of 15 odd timbers and the tenor of the construction is such that there is no doubt it is genuine As a matter of interest I have now found out the age of the label and it is less than 10 years old Chris

Reply to
Rad