Undercabinet fluorescents

Quite so.

Reply to
Huge

I believe some of better worst ones (if that makes sense) are labelled not to be used base up.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Have a word with GE since they sell the lamps for that purpose, they are marked as downlighters.

Also note, that I wasn't complaining about the longevity of the lamp, they were crap from straight out of the packet.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I have used Philips lamps base up in the landing & hall and they last for years. Used to leave the one over the stairs on all night as I did not want the little one falling down the stairs if he went looking for the bathroom in the night. CFL lased for years and at 9W cost little to run.

Reply to
Chewbacca

Which rules out most applications.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Um, power factor has no effect on the efficiency of the lamp at all. I was wondering why you brought it up originally. (It has a tiny effect on the efficiency of the supply.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I'm looking at a pack of "2 Tesco Pearl bulbs", they really should get it right. Idiots.

Reply to
Humpty Dumpty

lol, I see.

NT