Twitter rules

But who would actually 'follow' such a feed?

I'm inclined to think the biggest effect could be attracting spammers to the newsgroup...

Reply to
Lobster

twits, mainly.

no. just twits. Harry was getting lonely..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I am reading this in Free Agent 1.0, and there's no fancy right-clicking dictionary facility here.

-- Dave W

Reply to
Dave W

Oh no, not another one! Too many posters think they can change the world by appending their posts with unfunny sayings or long declarations. It's difficult to pick out actual posts amongst all the repeated full quotes and irrelevant guff.

-- Dave W

Reply to
Dave W

except when it doesn't sound like the sea.

rein reign weird seine neigh deity deism theism seize ..etc etc..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

After I-pod, came I phone, and, finally I-ache.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Dave W writes

If people used :

a. a proper sig separator (dash dash space) (yours is just dash dash) b. decent software

then the sig block would only be seen in the original posting.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

You forgot weight. And meight (as in "my meight marmeight" etc).

Reply to
Tim Streater

Indeed. TB renders anything below a sig separator in a mid grey so its less "visible" when reading, and trims it completely when replying.

Reply to
John Rumm

*tsk*. iPod, iPhone and, presumably iAche (if you're going to be consistent). ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Does that include Bob ?

Reply to
geoff

Only me. Everyone else gets eyes ache.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I blame Dennis (a nickname), my physics teacher. I was good at English before that. Bloody good physics teacher though...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Mac user, innee?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You've got Forte Free Agent, which is perfectly capable of snipping sigs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Adam Funk

;)

Reply to
Richard

Windows users *always* make sweeping generalisations. That's why I like to do the reverse, making a Mac-based statement with an *innocent look* implying that I assume that everyone uses a Mac.

I occasionally do the same on some ng's where the preponderance of posters are septics who irritatingly assume that all posters are septics. I make a UK-centric post (and see also my .sig) and then express astonishment that there are non-British posters on the ng. Fools at least one every time.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I like doing that too. Although my spelling is a bit of a giveaway (not that they notice).

Reply to
Bob Eager