Twin and Earth into Flex

My daughter's house has a room with a vaulted ceiling in one room. It is rather hopelessly lit with a couple of wall lights and a couple of Gu9 lights at one end of a couple of joists near the apex.

We had thought of replacing the GU9 lamps with some suspended pendants.

Currently the twin and earth goes into the GU9 fittings which I would remove.

How would you suggest I make a connection between the T&E and one or two flexes for the pendants? Would a Wago do it properly - in an enclosure. Or should I extend the T&E to a ceiling rose in the centre and take the pendants from that?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Ceiling rose.

harry

harry wrote in news:9d6e723f-4446-48e3-bf91- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I should have said - the surface with the T&E is the angled back face of a joist, and I may want two flexes to two pendants (each)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Either, whatever looks best? Wago lever would be fine for the connection but chocolate blocks might be slightly smaller. Assume you would use plastic lampholders. Need suitable strain relief if you are planning catinaries of flex.

Reply to
newshound

I'd use ceiling roses. They provide strain relief for flex. And are also designed to look ok - unlike most other enclosures.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)