TV - Video - Set Top Cable Box

I have my newish JVC TV and newer JVC VCR and PACE Digital Cable box all connected together with SCART leads.

However, if I set it to record from the Cable channel and then either switch off or change channel on the TV the VCR stops recording. Is something being transmitted down the SCART lead to the VCR to make it behave in this manner?

Reply to
John

But... have you tried covering the video up when attemping to change channels?

Seeing it is all JVC I wonder if the TV remote affects the Video??

Reply to
Scott Mills

Yes, JVC have something called ' smart link' or ' I link ', the tv tells the video what to do. If you turn it off on the video, then you can record anything you want, not what the tele thinks you should record. Caused me alot of grief until I worked out what was going on, bloody smart systems !!.

HTH

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Just looked on our video

go to menu

Mode

Turn off direct record

SORTED !!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

For everyone's information - this can be a useful feature when you don't want to use the video timer or videoplus(TM) to record something.

I'm not sure about digital terrestrial but if you use "Autoview" on your Sky Digibox, then your video/dvd recorder will begin recording when the programme starts, and stop when it finishes (if your recorder is equipped with smart link).

HTH

Ian

the video what to do.

Reply to