TV: Grand Designs - tree house

Contrary to some listings, tonight's Grand Designs (just started, C4) is the coppice-worker's house again.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Its the 'revisited' one this time though.

Reply to
Séan Connolly

I thought a tree house was built in a tree? :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Yes, but he's now got a flock of sheep, a woman, and a son.

And as he mentioned he's got planning permission for some extra rooms perhaps there's be a new series called "Grand Designs - The Bits We Added Later" next year.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Have you been taking DIMMpills?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

So where's a sh#t house built?

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

That depends on the parents.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In the arctic, otherwise it melts. That's not pretty.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Not much new footage was added really was there. The house did look great though after some time had passed. Nice garden as well!

Reply to
Séan Connolly

IMO, the original series had portrayed him as a guy who was completely in tune with his environment, someone who eschewed the frills and frippery of domesticated life.

I had watched, somehow expecting to see the place not too much altered from when it was finished - i.e. he was still living there on his own and would have provided only the bare minimum to make the life he was living when it was last shown that little bit more comfortable.

He's been domesticated, and the house now says far more about his partner than it does about him.....

Reply to
The Wanderer

Which turned out to be 90% repeat and very little genuine revisit.

Reply to
usenet

Yup. What else can it be?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The revisited ones always are like that.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Mmm, I thought that garden looked positively suburban.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That may be the case, but it was still very enjoyable viewing..

Reply to
Paul Andrews

At which point Kevin should have asked for an outline of what is proposed - rooms at the side(s), at the back? Could ruin the look of the place if they're not careful.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

It will ruin the kerb appeal that is certain.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yup, I would go along with that...!

One of the best projects they followed IMHO - it showed a man who got exactly what he sought, and it was something that would have been almost impossible for him to have got in any other way.

Reply to
John Rumm

Absolutely. And it was a super house, to boot.

Reply to
Huge

Is it still the case that the planning consent was only for his lifetime - after that it has to come down?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon