TV Aerial Experiment

Lets be silly. Take a commercial yagi TV aerial, take a strip of cardboard, and make a full size copy of the layout using bits of 2.5mm T&E cable for the elements, and the cardboard to replace the spine.
How well would it work?
NT

See http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/homemade2.htm http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/homemade3.htm
Bill

Pleased that you are on this newsgroup. I enjoyed the aerial photos.

Thank you. I've always been here. They haven't found a way to eradicate me. And I'm a cult you know. An absolute cult, that's what some of them on here call me.
Bill

Bill,
For the first time ever I have explored some of the more obscure links on your web site. I'm sad to say I found "Albert's Attic" especially interesting.
I always knew I was a "latent" anorak. Now I know for sure.
David

Thank you.
Bill

Oh dear, my brain, such as it is, substituted the 'l' for an 'n'!

It's a crossposted thread doncha know.
--
Dave Farrance

Which group?
MBQ

This one of course!
MBQ
alan holmes wrote:

Which one? This thread is crossposted.

homemade 3 is a stairway to heaven..............

It is ! As a lad I took Dad's decommissioned Band I/III aerial, chopped up its elements and converted it to a Group C/D UHF. I was astounded to discover that simply by pointing out of my ground level bedroom window, I could receive watchable pictures from Mendip (about 90 miles away).
In message

In 1967(ish), my parents old 3-element Channel 5 (Band 1) aerial got trimmed down for the amateur 4m band (~70MHz). I the furthest contact I made with it was Gibraltar.
--
Ian

wrote in message

You should try the one in my loft.. I need 24db of attenuation to avoid overloading the Philips set's receiver. Mind you I am only about 6 miles from Sutton and you get a decent digital picture using a screwdriver as an aerial.
wrote in message

I bet that's because it's a Philips screwdriver...........;-)
Chas
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:17:51 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

Brilliant site Bill! Hmmm... I guess I must qualify for an anorak myself.
<gets coat...>
--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info http://mixpix.batcave.net

Thank you. Anyone who has pictures of particularly interesting/wierd/inexplicable/dodgy aerials please send them in.
Bill
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:17:51 -0000, "Bill Wright"

I remember making a horizontal yagi to receive RT in Liverpool on channel 7 back in the sixties.
I'm sure I got the dimensions from Practical Television.
It only worked in the summer the opening season.
That's tropo not pub opening.

I see from your signature that you have an interest in quality ales.
Bill