TV Aerial in Loft

I'm planning to put an aerial in a loft, slate tiled roof. The signal is pretty good where I am, and I can get all channels at the top of the house using a cheap internal aerial. Downstairs is less reliable.

Thinking of one of these:

and cable, which will run externally from the eaves down a wall:

Are they decent choices for this installation?

Reply to
RJH

Can you physically get something that large that in the loft without the aerial hitting some obstruction and being in the optimum location?.

If you can get all channels with a "cheap internal aerial" consider a short log periodic for the loft which can be installed with minimal space available.

Example

Not necessarily best price or make.

Nexans data sheet with zero specifications list this cable as "INDOOR CABLE"

Look at the PF100 on screwfix site or go for Webro WF100.

Reply to
alan_m

Try these people, plenty of good advice and reasonable prices.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Should be fine.

I ended up with a log periodic because IIRC it was a tad smaller and Sudbury had then a pretty broad range of frequencies in use. I think today that reallocation means that is no longer the case.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1
Reply to
Mike Clarke

2+ if required! Very knowledgeable lot them:)
Reply to
tony sayer

They even seem to have mended the website so text doesn't wrap horridly with extra scroll bars where paragraphs sit beside images :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

They don't have a very high opinion of bacofoil aeriels like the ones flogged by Labgear.

You might be better off with a log-periodic aerial if you are within 20 miles or so of the xmitter. It is less bulky, without the massive reflector.

Reply to
Andrew

Many thanks - will do. They've got a loft kit - and they're just up the road from me.

Reply to
RJH

If you go for a log periodic some come pre-wired (with a short bit of cable) and terminate in a F plug. Otherwise the wire runs up the array boom and the connections are under the plastic cover at the opposite end to the mounting pole. You may need to buy some F plugs while purchasing the aerial/cable

alan_m

I suggest you use a log periodic.

Bill

Reply to