TV Aerial in Loft

I'm planning to put an aerial in a loft, slate tiled roof. The signal is pretty good where I am, and I can get all channels at the top of the house using a cheap internal aerial. Downstairs is less reliable.
Thinking of one of these:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-tv-aerial-high-gain-48-element/30515
and cable, which will run externally from the eaves down a wall:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/nexans-nx100-coaxial-cable-25m-black/8809t
Are they decent choices for this installation?
--
Cheers, Rob

On 08/05/2018 06:52, RJH wrote:

Can you physically get something that large that in the loft without the aerial hitting some obstruction and being in the optimum location?.
If you can get all channels with a "cheap internal aerial" consider a short log periodic for the loft which can be installed with minimal space available.
Example (Amazon.com product link shortened) Not necessarily best price or make.

Nexans data sheet with zero specifications list this cable as "INDOOR CABLE"
Look at the PF100 on screwfix site or go for Webro WF100.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Try these people, plenty of good advice and reasonable prices.
http://www.aerialsandtv.com/
Richard
On 08/05/2018 08:12, Tricky Dicky wrote:

+1
--
Mike Clarke

2+ if required! Very knowledgeable lot them:)
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer wrote:

They even seem to have mended the website so text doesn't wrap horridly with extra scroll bars where paragraphs sit beside images :-)
On 08/05/2018 10:56, Andy Burns wrote:

They don't have a very high opinion of bacofoil aeriels like the ones flogged by Labgear.
You might be better off with a log-periodic aerial if you are within 20 miles or so of the xmitter. It is less bulky, without the massive reflector.
On 08/05/2018 10:19, tony sayer wrote:

Many thanks - will do. They've got a loft kit - and they're just up the road from me.
--
Cheers, Rob

On 08/05/2018 15:33, RJH wrote:

If you go for a log periodic some come pre-wired (with a short bit of cable) and terminate in a F plug. Otherwise the wire runs up the array boom and the connections are under the plastic cover at the opposite end to the mounting pole. You may need to buy some F plugs while purchasing the aerial/cable http://www.aerialsandtv.com/wiringup.html#FconnectorWiringUp
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 08/05/18 06:52, RJH wrote:

Should be fine.
I ended up with a log periodic because IIRC it was a tad smaller and Sudbury had then a pretty broad range of frequencies in use. I think today that reallocation means that is no longer the case.

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/whatsat-201007.pdf
I suggest you use a log periodic.
Bill