tumble dryer in bathroom?

You can pretty much do what you like in your own home but buyers wouldn't like a bathroom converted how you say.

Reply to
adder1969

Notice these products are properly described as "Airers" and not "Dryers".

Clothes straight from the washing machine would take a long time to get ironing dry and drip all over the floor.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

An iron, m'lud - a heavy electrically heated arch shaped, flat bottomed weight with a insulated handle, much used by the lower class for the purpose of artificially smoothing the surface of clothes.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Not if you have used a fast spin before taking them out. They come out "quite damp" from this. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just bought a new W.M. yesterday.

SWMBO says she'd stopped using the highest spin speeds (We paid a fortune to get 8 years ago) because they cause creasing and hence take more ironing.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

In message , Derek Geldard writes

NIME. I don't have one yet but I've been hanging shirts/trousers on hangers direct from the 1100rpm spin cycle of our Bosch for years & only rare items which couldn't take that speed have dripped. Obviously being 'airer's I intend to ensure sufficient ventilation wherever I place them.

Reply to
Si

In message , Derek Geldard writes

our machine has an anti-creasing setting which tumbles the clothes after spinning

Reply to
Si

Are you suggesting that Mr Hansen goes around in crumpled clothes, or married beneath him?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:28:49 +0000 someone who may be Derek Geldard wrote this:-

No matter what they are called clothes dry on them.

If one defines overnight as "very long".

Even a 600rpm spin will get clothes dry enough not to drip.

Reply to
David Hansen

That is to counter the creasing that takes place when the drum has stopped. SWMBO's concern is the creasing that occurs when spinning at

15500 RPM. That's why she uses a lower setting,

The new machine will spin at > 1800 rpm if she'll use it.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

In article , adder1969 writes

I think you are right. However my son's fiancée is American and would prefer a shower to a bath, so having thought there might then be more room in their small bathroom, considered putting in a tumble dryer. Think I'll tell them to make do until they get into their next house!

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:40:52 +0000 someone who may be Derek Geldard wrote this:-

Ah, something the butler uses then:-)

Reply to
David Hansen