Trying to find a TV wall mount exactly 14"

In our kitchen we have a small TV which currently sits on the worktop , which I want to put on the wall as we don't have a lot of worktop space. The only suitable place to put it is immediately above the worktop. I want to keep it in line with the base of the wall units as I don't want to get a crick in my neck by putting it too high.

The television measures 14" from front to rear but all the TV wall mounts I've seen in B&Q/Homebase/Wickes are at least 17" from front to rear. Now I know 3" doesn't sound like a lot but I would like to find one if possible that's exactly 14". Has anyone come across one of this size?

Reply to
jgkgolf

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thanks Sir Benjamin but that has a depth of 18.5" , so unless there's some part of the 'twist' mechanism which allows you to reduce that down to 14" it's not what I'm looking for.

Reply to
jgkgolf

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following on 03/11/2005 14:28:

I assume you appreciate that a wall-mount the same depth as the TV would have no swivel adjustment. This precludes almost all commercial TV mounts (which *do* swivel and therefore need to be deeper than the telly)

You might be better off with a pair of microwave oven brackets, e.g.

might also try this:

make sure your telly weighs less than 15kg and that you strap it on properly using something like this:

Rumble

Why not just make a shelf for it?

Reply to
Rob Morley

You want something more like

(that particular one may be too large). These have an hinged arm so you can fold the TV right back against the wall but still have the flexibility to pull it out and swivel it around. You may need to attack the base with a hacksaw to reduce the depth.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq