True entertainment and the Sudbury transitter.

Bit of an enigma.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Me for a start. Apparenmtlu I need to upgrade my linux kernel to handle a DVB-t2 receiver card or dongle

I havce mamnaged to eminiate all ATBs now,. Even gave a DVB-S card in the server that isn't in use now

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

because auto retune on satellite reception is easier to implement

tim

Reply to
tim...

I suppose on sudbury you're only missing out on one T2 mux, whereas many transmitters have three T2 muxes ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

only for a couple of years

sometime about 2021-2, everybody on a main Tx will have the same muxes (not on the same frequency, obviously)

tim

Reply to
tim...

and (reading the writing on the wall) by that time you'll need T2, or get a drastically reduced set of channels, something like 1997 :-P

Reply to
Andy Burns

Long pole. Large aerial. Point at the transmitter you want.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It may not be possible to repeat some old shows. Even if they still have a copy. Depends on the artists etc contracts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

probably 2 or perhaps 3 out of 6 muxes will be T2 at that time

by which time it will be about the 10 years notice I referred to earlier

tim

Reply to
tim...

Live in a block of flats