Shower tray seal recs please

I need to get something better than the £ Land silicone, which is leaking within 18 months of application.

Q1. Is there a sealant out there that the pro's use to stop leaks between the wall and shower tray ?

AND / OR

Q2. Anyone used the soft self-adhesive tape available. Tray is 28 " / 71 cm square, so obviously the 2.8 m length is going to come up short :-) Which is likely to handle corners better, 22 mm versus 38 mm wide? Happy to pay extra for a high-end brand if anyone has any recs ? The unbranded ads in the following, may not be worth the hassle. Thanks in anticipation :-

Bertie Doe

Bed some quadrant beading in silicone in all the jointed horizontal corners, that way there isn't a corner for the water to sit-in and you have a much larger seal. However, to state the obvious: if the tray is moving then you'll need to fix that first.

Reply to
nothanks

Exactly. Silicone wont deal with a floppy tray.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Is there any truth in the rumour this causes cancer of the lip/tongue?

Reply to
GB

Brill, that is indeed the DB. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Reply to
Bertie Doe

Dunno. But as a contractor in a being built food production factory I did see a bloke using numerous tubes of silicone and sticking his finger into his mouth to smooth it out. I would not do this.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Silicone is the solution. Failure is often due to movement, which silicone is not very tolerant of.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr