Triton TRB001

HI all.

does this machine stack up against the Maks and Dewalts?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

I've used one of these in the past. Quite respectable.

It would be also interesting if you were thinking that you might at some point get one of their Workcentre tables. I've used one of those as well and in this type of product, not bad at all. Most others are quite flimsy so fairly uselessfor anything worthwhile. The Triton hand power tools fit this easily and fairly quickly. The only other set of that type that I'd consider would be the Festool one but that's in a different price bracket.

I would check into spares and service availability in the UK, but that appears to be OK from looking at the web site.

I would also check into accessories that can be fitted such as guide bushes and the like and perhaps an alternate base plate such as the Trend one if there are limitations.

I have one small 6.35mm Trend router (T5), the 12.7mm DeWalt DW625 and a small DW laminate trimmer to cover routing needs. The only thing I would say about the DW routers is that they have had a good track record for a long period of time having come from Elu originally. You can get essentially the same products from Trend and from CMT. There are lots of accessories that fit and very easy spares availability.

Equally, there is nothing wrong at all with the Bosch and Makita offerings in this class

Another option you might want to look at if you are looking for a respectable quality router in the sub £200 range is the Freud.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Like Andy I bought the CMT equivalent of the DW625 (which is the old Elu 177E I think) as my workhorse.

However I did like the rack and pinion plunge on the Triton (messing about in store rather than tested on the job) - plunge height adjustment is an area mine falls down on.

The Triton plunge design may work well for heavier jobs where you want to quickly and easily keep dropping the cut a quarter inch, but aren't too bothered about the exact height until you do the last pass.

Reply to
dom

How does this machine stack up against the Maks and Dewalts?

Why do they say "it has a 2400W motor label says 2000W"? Is someone hiding something?

Reply to
dennis

How does this machine stack up against the Maks and Dewalts?

By the accounts I have read, very well. Particularly well suited to table use. I was torn between that and the Freud FT2000E as a table workhorse. In the end I went with the Freud, but only because it was on special offer and about £100 cheaper at the time. At £184 the Triton looks like a good choice.

Reply to
John Rumm