Diplomat Extrusions Windows

About 10 years ago I had new pvcu windows installed but now I have

problem with the slide locking bar operated by the handle and need t replace it. The firm that supplied the windows are no longer and I hav tried to contact Diplomat Extrusions to no avail, email gets sent bac and no one answers the phone so I am thinking that they to are n longer in business. Can some one help me in any way. I live in Sussex

Chipp

-- Chippy Roy

Reply to
Chippy Roy

The item is known as an "espagnolette locking mechanism" and is pretty universal. Measure the length of the bar and the distance between the "keeps" on the transom/mullion. If you call or visit a local PVCu frame fabricator there is a good chance that you will be able to get a replacement at very little cost.

HTH

Reply to
Ziggur

Should be plenty of DG repair firms in Yellow Pages. The fittings are usually standard. Not an area I've had much luck with on a d-i-y basis. Time consuming to source the bits and local firms don't seem to be that expensive in my area.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Try

down to Window Espagnolette Locks

Reply to
DIY

Cheaper than this?

(Watch out for the wrap on the URL)

Reply to
Ziggur

Watch out for your session ID on the URL too, otherwise you may end up with people placing orders on your account. Try this shorter URL:

JJ

Reply to
Jason

Hi all,I have managed to get in touch with Diplomat Extrusions who ar sorting things out for me.Thanks for your help. Chipp

-- Chippy Roy

Reply to
Chippy Roy