Trimming Wooden Blinds

Can anyone recommend a way of getting a professional finish? I need to take 6.5cm of each side. Even taping them together and using a Bosch jigsaw doesn't look great.

I don't mind paying a few quid extra by getting them done by someone else. I heard that B&Q do a blind cutting service, for instance.

Thanks a lot. Ed.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

Presuming you mean 'Venetian blinds' with wooden slats?

I needed to this for eleven blinds! I firstly laid the blinds on a solid surface and banged the ends flush with a batten then clamped the slats together. The operation was a bit iterative, clamp- align- clamp- align until it was to my satisfaction. Then I scribed the 'line' with a set-square and a 'Stanley' knife; trimmed off the ends with a hand Japanese Pull-Saw; which I find easier to cut 'straight' than a conventional hand saw.

The old adage; Measure twice , cut once; works 'cos you can't add a bit back!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Thanks Brian.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

Hi,

If you have a variable speed jigsaw try a decent fine tooth blade like a Bosch T101A0.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Thanks Pete. I think I have got one of those. Will try that as well.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

batten then clamped

align until it was to my

the ends with a hand

So lots of teeth and not much kerf, to minimise splintering.

Reply to
Dave Gordon