trampoline safety edging

The cats and birds have shredded the 14 year old foam edging on my granddaughter's trampoline, which I bought for her mother. This foam covers the tubular frame and the area over the springs and up to the mat.

As the replacement cost is >GBP280 for the perimeter of a 3.25m by

2.25 rectangle I was wondering if a suitable diy solution would be cheaper and what?

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Hi,

Normal trampolines appear to use 25mm thick 'closed cell' polyethylene foam:

BES do 25 mm thick closed cell polyethylene pipe insulation in

15/22/28mm inside diameters:

I'd expect it would have to be held on with at least two layers of 50% overlapped (as seen on racing bike handlebars) cloth tape:

I have the above insulation and it's pretty tough, however don't hold me responsible if the little 'uns manage to bash their heads somehow!!!

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:15:27 +0000, Pete C

Thanks, the actual tubes are 75mm but if this is much the same foam it's worth looking for a larger diameter and using duct tape.

AJH

Reply to
sylva