Traditional bath/shower mixer tap

The lever to switch from bath to shower will not now turn to the right (shower). The taps are new. I changed the washer in the flex as it was dripping from the shower and now it will not turn.

Likely you stuffed it up when you changed the washer.
Whenever something stops working when you change something, its almost always what you just changed that’s the reason it stopped working.
Yes aunt that the truth. I did a replacement of a rectifier diode which had gone open circuit on a very early VCR when I could see. it was fine for a week then the machine would shut down at random times. Turned out all the rectifiers had lose wires into the plastic body and were thus breaking off inside with the temperature cycling.
Brian
--
----- -