Tradespersons' personal accident insurance

What do other tradespeople here do about personal accident insurance?

I had a policy with Combined Insurance for several years: used to pay monthly by direct debit then went over to yearly, which came up for renewal recently. They invited me to send a cheque but I didn't have that much in my bank account (what with xmas and everything) so I thought I'd ring up and see if I could pay by credit card over the phone.

Rang up, got Press 1 for this etc, got put on hold (while they told me how important my call was to them etc), then transferred to customer services, put on hold again while they transferred me to , er, customer services ... then they said the person I needed to speak to wasn't available but promised they'd call me back. Which, guess what?, they didn't.

A couple of days later tried again, went through on hold - transfer - on hold - transfer again ... person not available, can get them to call you back. Er, no; been there done that. Hello? Look: I'm trying to pay you over six hundred and fifty squid and you're too shambolic to take my money - how much use would you be if I needed to make a claim? Or, if I were badly injured, my possibly distressed SWMBO were trying to do so?

So who do other folks here insure with?

Reply to
YAPH

In message , YAPH writes

Phone me tomorrow, I'll dig out my policy. It is a more comprehensive policy and only costs a gnats more

BTW, new second telephone number - 01923 750048

Reply to
geoff

NFU =A3420.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Is that the same as Permenant Health Insurance or Income Protection?

I have PHI/IP with the Cirencester Friendly Society. Unlike most insurances you pay a monthly premium but you also hold "units" that have value over a term which, when the term expires, you get back as a tax free lump sum. IIRC the value of these units grows over the term as well, the return isn't great but it's better than none.

When I've had to claim or deal with them they have been no problem at all.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have no idea if they are efficient, but hiscox have been advertising a lot for the past couple of years

tim....