Towcar

Stick with the one you know and buy another Mondeo. They are very reliable these days but if it does go wrong parts are cheaper than for the Superb.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I spent a lot of time looking at specs and reviews (1) of suggestions here (for which many thanks) and elsewhere, and finally actually kicked a few tyres. I have to say that the Mondeo is still looking good, though I have yet to have a test drive of the new dual-clutch "auto" box.

The Skoda interested me, and does look a mice motor, but having had a heated screen for some time now I wouldn't want to be without. I might have a problem finding a Skoda for which the option had been specified. Vast though the boot is, the front passenger seat doesn't appear to fold, so the occasional long load would probably not fit. I don't usually have work done by the main dealer, but when necessary (as it was recently on my Ford) Skoda dealers are not very conveniently located for me.

(1) Interestingly "Which" advised "do not buy" for the Ssangyong Korando, whilst it won one category in the Towcar of the year awards.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

'of the year' usually means it has to be a new model that year. If the awards also split into 'category' they becomes meaningless.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

my 1977 chrysler alpine won car of the year in 1976 and it rusted through in four years ...

Reply to
Manikin of mirth ...