TOT TV adverts

Melting Pot. I don't see why not - it was about racial harmony.

However, there are some words that might be objected to I guess.

Bob Eager

Yes that used to worry me as a kid everyone being the same not being able to tell one person from another and do you rememer how they said they would achive this by shoving everyone into a big melting pot, now for me that was scariey than hammer house of horrors !.

southpark did a similar thing with goobacks they all spoke the same langauge too and a uniform colour skin.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I vaguely remember a sci-fi book where (IIRC) there'd been a nuclear war and most survivors lived underground in old missile bases, venturing out in heavily armoured "trains." Meanwhile only mutants lived outside and all the mutants were half black and half-white. Racism still abounded, based on whether they were black on the left or black on the right!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

And yet - when did you last hear it?

One so far as I can see.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

That also was a Star trek plot line (original series)

alan_m

Hmmm, I wonder if I have confused two sources from long ago?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Ahah! On further investigation, I think I have mixed up that Star Trek episode and The Amtrak Wars. It was 30 years ago in my defence.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Wasn't that an [TOS] original star trek episode, although that could have come from a book like other episodes did. But it wasntl; due to a nuclear war.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes. I pointed out in another post that I'd confused the Star Trek episode with The Amtrak Wars - but 30 years had intervened, so not entirely surprising.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker