TOT: Too funny!

C4 news on +1:

Jon Snow: So FS, you graduated from university 11months ago but have been unable to find lasting employment?

Former Student: That's right, some temporary jobs but nothing lasting, it's so disheartening.

Jon Snow: And what is you qualification in?

Former Student: Archaeology . . . . .

LMFAO!

Reply to
fred

One of the reasons my ex-wife hates me is because I used to call her degree in Humanities a "good attendance award". I said that the Uni did not award her a degree but that they just handed out the register of attendance.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Was that in a mother's dress moment?

Reply to
fred

Ah and what a dry wit you've become.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Yes very amusing, but the question should have been what areas interest you, job wise. I'd imagine that anything with a very precise organised approach would fit the qualification, as you need to be so careful and methodical when doing archaeology. Sounds like a filing clerk to me.

grin.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

which is why, presumably, a school classmate, ended up as a judge in the Court of Appeal with an engineering degree.

Reply to
charles

In message , charles writes

Didn't a significant percentage of the 9/11 and 7/7 bombers have engineering degrees? Perhaps student engineers have difficulty sticking to a career choice.

Reply to
Nick

Ah, young student engineers.....

they blow up so fast!

Reply to
John Rumm

I didn't see it, but did read comments elsewhere that, with the opportunity of appearing on national TV before millions of potential employers, looking like he'd just been dragged out from under a bridge was not presenting himself in his best possible light.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Exactly. You can generally only get away with that when you have a proven track record of generally being a genius.

Even a university job interview demands a clean shirt and smart-ish trousers :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

And those interviews comprehensively miss the point. It's not that the applicants are under-qualified or unappealing: there are simply too many of them. Or, to put it differently, there aren't enough jobs. If applicant B gets his act together then applicant A doesn't get the job and the figures remain the same.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Lucky kid, he's had *several* jobs in the last 18 months. I've had *one* job lasting three months in the last 20 months. He probably doesn't have a mortgage and pension to try and keep paying either.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston