TOT: Tissues

Tissues used to last for several days (assuming limited use). Now they seem to disintegrate very quickly. Is this because of a change made to increase sales or the banning of a substance or chemical formerly used in manufacture? Just curious.
On 10/08/2018 09:15, Scott wrote:

Are they now flushable products.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Friday, 10 August 2018 09:15:47 UTC+1, Scott wrote:

I think it's more likely that they're made 'softer' than they used to be.
Owain
On 10/08/2018 09:15, Scott wrote:

The really disturbing thought is of you using the same tissue for days on end to find out that they disintegrate after "several days".
I only ever use tissues (paper) once, then bin them . Have not noticed they last any less time in the packet than they used to.
AFAIK Handkerchiefs (never use them disgusting things) do not disintegrate any quicker than (oh I don't know) never,they will eventually become threadbare, I would imagine, but not disintegrate as such.

I'm not saying I keep tissues drenched with snot. I like to have a tissue in my pocket 'just in case' and in the old days I could leave it for several days, now I can't. Just wondering what has changed.

Counsel of perfection, I suspect if you have a cold. You could get though a pack very quickly. I agree that 'used' tissues should be disposed of and not 'reused'.

On Friday, 10 August 2018 12:55:03 UTC+1, Scott wrote:

That's not what we were thinking :)

oh yes now you're talking, and it reallty doesn't make you go blind either.

Age everyone ages, I drink a lot less than I did as a teenager. a bottle of whisky lasts me 5 years or more used to get through one every two weeks.
Of course it could be a sign of BREXIT.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 05:42:53 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave

How come I need varifocals then?

Indeed.

Predated Brixit. More likely to be an EU regulation.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 12:55:00 +0100, Scott wrote:

Not noticed any difference with tissues that come in a small packet.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Never used them myself.
Now

Wouldn't know.
Is this because of a change

More likely because you are now causing them to curl up and die.

Don't forget what that did to the cat.
On 10:32 10 Aug 2018, John Angus wrote:

John Angus, ah cuid swear ye'r the identical wee fellow what posts as Jock Green. Dae either o' ye ken an Aussie called Rodney Speed?
Recycled paper with shorter fibre lengths, ie Shredded paper not just ordinary paper. Brian
--
----- --
On 10/08/2018 11:32, Brian Gaff wrote:

This was all explained on the repeat of The Factory on BBC1 recently, when the baldy grocer visited a loo paper manufacturer.
They use paper from 2 sources, one for softness one for strength.
On Friday, 10 August 2018 11:32:07 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

That looks lioke the script for one of those older M&S aids spoken in a sex sutry voice, try it ;-)

I can just imagine Joanna Lumley or Dervla Kirwan saying that.
On 10/08/18 12:42, NY wrote:

Do you need a tissue now?
On Friday, 10 August 2018 12:28:16 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

I read that as M&S sex aids.
I didn't know they did new ones, let alone older ones.
Owain
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:32:00 +0100, "Brian Gaff"

Thanks, Brian, I suspect this is the most plausible explanation given.

Shocking! You can get a week's use out of one, if (as Scott says) you'e not suffering from a cold!
"Just the odd wipe" until it begins to shred, then keep it at the bottom of the pile in your pocket, to be used for that bleb of oil, or spilt tea, or blood off the scratch from the bowsaw -- no point in wasting a whole new tissue for that kind of thing!
Btw I agree with you Scott - they are more fragile. Probably Alan_m has put his finger on it -- now more flushable.
I love the Tesco shelf label (the one on the shelf, describing the product) -- something like "Tissues, pack of 8x10. Price ?1.10 1.375p per sht",
John
On Friday, 10 August 2018 15:09:06 UTC+1, Another John wrote:

I'm sure you must be old enough to remember the days before tissues when people used hankies that got washed and reused.
What does a poor man throw way , but a rich man puts back in his pocket ?
Snot. :-)
On Friday, 10 August 2018 09:15:47 UTC+1, Scott wrote:

Depends on the amount of recycled paper in them. The more, the quicker they disintegrate.