TOT: extract from my letter to my MP

I think you will find that its because nearly everything you say is racist. It has nothing to do with the others being left wing, its what you say.

Reply to
dennis

Probably, even though religious practise and criticism thereof is not racist...

Me: atheism all the way...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Its a shame religion exists but while man creates god in his own image someone will be there to exploit it.

Reply to
dennis

Yep...

I begrudge no one their personal beliefs - but when it starts impacting society in general, I get fed up with it...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Interesting you think racism restricted to a particular political following. But then you would.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bill will, of course, say not so. But his numerous posts on the subject give the lie to it. Perhaps he's simply in denial.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

religion exists because people are as stupid as you, dennis

Reply to
Tjoepstil

Especially when man makes such a big deal of their different 'images'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well that's something coming from a turnip.

Reply to
dennis

Do you need an expensive vet on the premises of Halal or Kosher slaughter houses?

Reply to
Fredxxx

The only racism here is where some seem to excuse animal cruelty. They can't even justify it so resort to calling people names.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Perhaps you might tell us the best way to murder animals, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What is racist about it?

I would never eat Subway food, I never cared for them (I tried them once, years ago in the US - before they were popular here, or perhaps even here) but their attempts to bring religion into the 'fast food' business is a disgrace.

If a shop wants to sell Halal and Kosher food along side 'normal' food, fine- that is no different to offering vegetarian food etc.

Reply to
Brian Reay

The general consensus, from those in the know, say that stunning is an effective way of rendering animals unconscious and reducing suffering.

Did you not know that?

Reply to
Fredxxx

You have highlighted a further problem:

It is illegal currently to deploy the non stun religious exemptions for meat which is to be consumed by non jews/muslims respectively.

Or more precisely, the exemption is only permitted for the food which is to be consumed by the religious followers:

"The Welfare of Animals (Slaughter or Killing) Regulations 1995"

SCHEDULE 12 ...

Slaughter by a religious method

  1. In this Schedule references to slaughter by a religious method are references to slaughter without the infliction of unnecessary suffering?

(a)by the Jewish method for the food of Jews by a Jew who holds a licence in accordance with Schedule 1 (which relates to the licensing of slaughtermen) and who is duly licensed? (i)in England and Wales by the Rabbinical Commission referred to in Part IV of this Schedule; or (ii)in Scotland by the Chief Rabbi; or (b)by the Muslim method for the food of Muslims by a Muslim who holds a licence in accordance with Schedule 1.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Perhaps you might pass this on to our US cousins, who seem to have difficulty in finding a humane way of killing their criminals. Electrical means having gone rather out of fashion.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nothing. I was referring to the likely reaction of the MP's aides.

Reply to
Max Demian

Please define youyr version of racism and explain why it is not a good thing.

Reply to
Capitol

There is also the practical issues..

if you can't buy halal meat from the UK then you buy it from elsewhere. They might not have the same laws about animal welfare so the animals may be treated far more cruelly than they are here.

You can force this if you want but its pretty stupid if you actually care about the animals rather than the religion.

Reply to
dennis

+1
Reply to