Letter to B&Q

Apparently a customer sent this letter to B&Q the other day.....

Dear Sir/Madam

My congratulations to you on getting a yacht to leave the UK on 28th November 2004, sail 27,354 miles around the world and arrive back 72 days later. Could you please let me know when the kitchen I ordered 96 days ago will be arriving from your warehouse 13 miles away?

Yours Sincerely

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Yup, it was Lurch (see post "If you're going to complain at B&Q")!

Reply to
Lobster

And the reply posted at

Reply from B&Q

Dear John Roberts,

Now that our kitchen fitter has returned from her holidays, we will arrange delivery.

How close are you to open water?

Many thanks,

B&Q Customer Services

P.S. As our fitter has now gone for her lap of honor, we can confirm delivery date of Saturday 23rd April 2005 at about 5pm.

Please confirm by reply

Reply to
Chris

"Chris" wrote | And the reply posted at

| Now that our kitchen fitter has returned from her holidays, we | will arrange delivery. | How close are you to open water?

Does this mean no additional delivery charges apply to Scottish islands now?

Owain

Reply to
Owain