Toolstation .My First Order

Placed my first ever order yesterday with Toolstation . It was due to arrive sometime today but did it ,? No .Parcel Farce were bringing it .GRRR.!!! Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Parcel arrived this morning ,a day late .Driver said I was the second customer to complain about their parcel being a day late .Toolstation will take it up with PF and will refund my delivery costs . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The message from Stuart contains these words:

Well done. It's only by complaining that they know there's a sufficiently annoying problem that needs attention.

Reply to
Guy King

Yeah...They phoned me at home after I sent TS an e-mail telling them that the parcel had arrived today and the girl thanked me for letting them know as thats the only way they get to find out such things . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The message from Stuart contains these words:

There's an old dear round here who was complaining that They (the council) hadn't repaired the pavement outside her house. I asked her when she'd told them about it. "Oh, but they have someone who checks on these things, don't they?"

She really believed that there's someone whose job is to walk round the streets all day looking for things that need fixing. Just possibly many years ago, but certainly not now.

OK, it could be built into someone else's job - like the street sweepers, but since you don't get one of them very often (unless you ring up and tell 'em there's a mess that needs clearing up) then that wouldn't help much either.

Reply to
Guy King

The council take long enough to sort things out when a member of the public reports it - the last thing they need is to spend more of our money employing a load of people to go and find more problems they can ignore.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Some Councils have cards that you can pick up in places like Libraries to eport things that need fixing ...when you'll get it fixed is another matter,of course.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I emailed the council about a number of split bags of rubbish near our back gate (outside the local brothel). Smelled to high heaven.

It took 3 emails over a few days...the last to the chief executive - before anything was done. They denied the email had ever got to them until I sent them the mail logs showing their server accepting it...

The whole fiasco was repeated a few weeks later...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Local council here took 3 weeks to get round to removing rubbish despite letters to the councillor, chief executive, and being featured in the local paper (with photo) under the headline "Bin Laden". (Topical at the time.)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from Richard Conway contains these words:

Ours aren't too bad. In a few weeks the locals here (including me) start a services committee whose job is to "beat the bounds" quarterly and ensure that service level agreements are being stuck to[1]. Better, we get the power to negotiate SLAs in the first place! It'll be interesting to compare what we get compared to other parts of the borough - for example, I suspect the bit the Chief Exec lives in gets its streets swept without having to call the council on each occasion.

[1] And no, we won't be letting the council know in advance exactly when we're doing it so they can scurry round and tart the place up in a hurry.
Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Bob Eager" contains these words:

Ring 'em - it's quicker, you get to talk to the person responsible and you can take their name.

Reply to
Guy King

I wanted a record...

Reply to
Bob Eager

The message from "Bob Eager" contains these words:

Round here taking their name seems to work better than having a record.

Reply to
Guy King

Not that that means the *recipient* actually got it... (likely I know, but not a certainty).

Mathew :-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Of course...but provably a failure on the part of the council!

Reply to
Bob Eager

If the road/pavement needs mending write/email tell them you almost had an accident and that you are keeping a record in case the damage causes an accident. That usually shifts them!

Reply to
Broadback

The message from Broadback contains these words:

I did just that earlier this week. I haven't personally tripped over the paving slabs outside my house, but I've watched others do it all the time.

Reply to
Guy King