Toolsatan feature

I have a Travis Perkins trade-cash card and corresponding account on their TradeMate website, even with the (minor) discount the card gives you, the prices are always more expensive from TP than from Wickes/TS, so I only end up buying stuff from the yard that you can't get at the shed or the counter.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Just confirmed this - I went into toolstation with nothing more than the code scribbled on a bit of paper.

They typed it in, I paid and I've just got home and it's there in my history on the website:

No postcodes or anything needed. Was only in there 2 mins :-)

Our toolstation is now inside wickes which has the downside of not being open until 10 on a sunday. Interestingly, Wickes and Toolstation were very busy - homebase opposite appeared to be very quiet despite all the big 15% off posters (making them only 55% more expensive I guess :-))

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

My saved trolleys don't show up under my completed orders, only my web orders show there.

TS was deathly quiet, I was the only vehicle in the car park at 9:30 I should think the staff were well chuffed to have to get there for 07:00 on a bank holiday.

Reply to
Andy Burns

On 26 May 2014, snipped-for-privacy@auk.kent.ac.uk (D.M.Chapman) grunted:

That's all you need to do - just generating the code is enough.

I once took my printout in to my local branch, and the sales person started typing in all the individual items from scratch. I mentally rolled my eyes heavenward, but as there were only about 3 items on my list I didn't bother playing the smartarse and explaining to her how to do her job.

Somebody else behind the counter did spot it and explained though. "Ooh, that's clever". Dunno how long she'd been working there, but it seems the facility isn't overly used round our way...

Reply to
Lobster

On 26 May 2014, charles grunted:

What does Wickes sell more cheaply? Can't think of anything. I just use Wickes for stuff that TS don't sell (big stuff, bricks etc), or occasionally when I only want a small quantity of widgets at a higher unit price rather than buying a massive trade pack from TS

Round here, we have a Toolstation *inside* one of our local Wickes, selling identical stuff more cheaply. The only difference is you have to present the item number to the counter staff and they go and find it, rather than playing with the Wickes item in your hands and taking it to the checkout.

Seems a very strange business model.

Reply to
Lobster

That is what I find a bit worrying - there'll be convergence of prices, but only one way.

Reply to
PeterC

Then it's time for Mark Goddard-Watts to start again ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

£33.94

£30.99

Now I look again, maybe the Wickes offering does not have a pouch.

Reply to
polygonum

Ours used to be like that on a bank holiday but it was handy to be able to get there early :-)

Now it's inside the new wickes store it's only wickes hours so doesn't open until 10 :-(

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Cheaper, delivered with the pouch from here

Even RS is cheaper!

Reply to
Andy Burns

£30.62 at RS. £29.95 at Tool Venture (thanks). £29.20 on Amazon. :-)
Reply to
polygonum

I was under the impression that if you order online screwfix pick the order from the warehouse and then send it to the store. The store staff don't pick your order.

Reply to
alan

Only if not in stock at the local store - in which case you can collect it the next day and save any delivery charges which may otherwise apply.

*However*, if it's in stock, you can go and collect it straight away, and it will be ready picked when you arrive. You have to pay online when ordering, and show the credit card which you used as proof of identity. Done it lots of times!
Reply to
Roger Mills

If you order online with Screwfix you can go to the local store within minutes to pick the items up.

Toolsatan is completely different. For an online order the items are picked at the warehouse and sent to your local branch. Your online order isn't available to be picked up until the next day.

Reply to
Fredxxx