Toolsatan feature

On 26/05/2014 06:47, charles wrote:

Here they are about the same distance from middle of town - but in nearly orthogonal directions. But it is very much the fact that you have to check both of them. Would be rather nice if Wickes & TS had an equal pricing regime. Or at least price-match and/or TS never more expensive.
--
Rod

polygonum wrote:

I have a Travis Perkins trade-cash card and corresponding account on their TradeMate website, even with the (minor) discount the card gives you, the prices are always more expensive from TP than from Wickes/TS, so I only end up buying stuff from the yard that you can't get at the shed or the counter.

That's all you need to do - just generating the code is enough.
If they type it into the correct box then it'll fill in all of the postcode details automatically... I've had this disucssion in both the folkestone and the canterbury store. Some of their training seems to miss this :-)
Darren
D.M.Chapman wrote:

I did a saved trolley today, instead of (pretending to) print it, either method generates the code, went in gave them the code, which he typed in, then he asked for the postcode and house number (he did type these in rather than just confirming against details retrieved to his screen).

Seems so, I'll try to re-train the Leicester staff :-)

Just confirmed this - I went into toolstation with nothing more than the code scribbled on a bit of paper.
They typed it in, I paid and I've just got home and it's there in my history on the website:
http://goo.gl/56RRJh
No postcodes or anything needed. Was only in there 2 mins :-)
Our toolstation is now inside wickes which has the downside of not being open until 10 on a sunday. Interestingly, Wickes and Toolstation were very busy - homebase opposite appeared to be very quiet despite all the big 15% off posters (making them only 55% more expensive I guess :-))
Darren
D.M.Chapman wrote:

My saved trolleys don't show up under my completed orders, only my web orders show there.

TS was deathly quiet, I was the only vehicle in the car park at 9:30 I should think the staff were well chuffed to have to get there for 07:00 on a bank holiday.
On 26 May 2014, snipped-for-privacy@auk.kent.ac.uk (D.M.Chapman) grunted:
That's all you need to do - just generating the code is enough.

I once took my printout in to my local branch, and the sales person started typing in all the individual items from scratch. I mentally rolled my eyes heavenward, but as there were only about 3 items on my list I didn't bother playing the smartarse and explaining to her how to do her job.
Somebody else behind the counter did spot it and explained though. "Ooh, that's clever". Dunno how long she'd been working there, but it seems the facility isn't overly used round our way...
--
David

What does Wickes sell more cheaply? Can't think of anything. I just use Wickes for stuff that TS don't sell (big stuff, bricks etc), or occasionally when I only want a small quantity of widgets at a higher unit price rather than buying a massive trade pack from TS

Round here, we have a Toolstation *inside* one of our local Wickes, selling identical stuff more cheaply. The only difference is you have to present the item number to the counter staff and they go and find it, rather than playing with the Wickes item in your hands and taking it to the checkout.
Seems a very strange business model.
--
David

On 26/05/2014 13:29, Lobster wrote:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand+Tools/Screwdrivers/Wera+KK20+Multi+Function+Screwdriver+in+Pouch/d10/sd80/p92236
£33.94
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wera-KK20-Kompakt-20-Screwdriver/p/216001
£30.99
Now I look again, maybe the Wickes offering does not have a pouch.
--
Rod

polygonum wrote:

Cheaper, delivered with the pouch from here <http://toolventure.co.uk/hand-tools/wer-051021.html
Even RS is cheaper!
On 26/05/2014 18:38, Andy Burns wrote:

£30.62 at RS.
£29.95 at Tool Venture (thanks).
£29.20 on Amazon. :-)
--
Rod

On Mon, 26 May 2014 12:29:20 GMT, Lobster wrote:

That is what I find a bit worrying - there'll be convergence of prices, but only one way.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
PeterC wrote:

Then it's time for Mark Goddard-Watts to start again ...

Ours used to be like that on a bank holiday but it was handy to be able to get there early :-)
Now it's inside the new wickes store it's only wickes hours so doesn't open until 10 :-(
Darren