Screwfix

Grrr. Website gives no info on stock levels, and have gotten rather fed up with them not having stuff in. So phoned the number to check. No, not stock ed in any of the stores anywhere near. Now: this is drawer runners. So he s ays 'does the size matter as we have several similar items?' I said 'you're having a laugh aren't you?' The conversation didn't improve much from ther e. I'll spare you the boring details.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

always has for me, enter qty, press click&collect, it tells you how many are available today, and if necessary when the balance can be available at various local branches ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

that's different to the instructions the droid gave me. Toolsatan just displays the stock on the page, no time wasting.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Can you not order for next day delivery?

Reply to
Scott

Yes it does. If you click and collect (you don't have to buy) and enter the post code you will get the item added to your basket and going to the checkout you can see if its in stock or if the goods can be ordered for the next day delivery to the branch. At this point you can remove the item from the basket. Nothing happens on the web site until you pay. I usually order on line and wait for the text message to say the goods have been picked before going to the branch.

I agree its not as user friendly as Toolstation where selecting the branch gives you the stock level at the branch in the original description/price listing.

In my area I'm lucky that SF and TS are next door to one another.

Reply to
alan_m

Last time I went it said one in stock. When I got there, they said "Well it should have been in stock but it wasn't on the lorry when we unpacked it". I had to drive about 20 miles to where it (coloured heatshrink sleeving) was in stock.

**(This is mainly posted to test the setup of Thunderbird on a new old machine.) They really, really,really should have kept gentle development of Turnpike going so that it worked on 64-bit Windows. **Ooops, sorry NT, that went as an email. Maybe this will work?
Reply to
Bill

Almost every time I go to screwfix they don't have what I went for. I'm fed up with it.

Saw toolsatan's offering of a set of pry bars - the box was open on display at the branch. £15 for 5 iirc. They're miniatures!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Really next door to each other or just a couple of doors away?

Reply to
ARW

Same small industrial estate, same small car park

Screwfix Units 3-4 Cedar Park Stock Road Southend-On-Sea Essex SS2 5FZ

Toolstation Unit 5 Cedar Park Stock Road Southend-on-Sea SS2 5FZ

Reply to
alan_m

Close, but not as close as this one:-)

ARW

Similar, St. Albans and Welwyn GC. Either next door or opposite.

Surely if you display the item there is an option to check stock in your local stores? Blue in Firefox.

My annoyance is that the site can't remember your location unless you have bothered to log in so you have to re-enter your post code...

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I thought the website did show where things were in stock.

I distinctly recall finding a specific odd size of hole cutter there cheaper than anywhere else by some margin. Going to the store and then remembering whilst I waited in line for 50 minutes for someone to find it in their warehouse why I never shop at Screwf*cks.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Just don't go into SF when all their staff have a tea or lunch break all at the same time!

When I last went to SF there was one person at the tills serving a long line of people waiting to order and apparently no-one picking and delivering the goods to the long line of people who had already ordered and paid. 5 to 10 minutes later half a dozen staff magically appeared and started to give some kind of service.

Reply to
alan_m

If any online system says there is only one or two instock I'll ring the relevant branch and ask 'em to check they do actually have them. Been caught before...

Mind you when after tool kit for No.1 Daughter in BQ that the computer said they had in stock but I couldn't physically find they really had to look for it. Eventually it was found in the bay the computer said it was but at the back of the second level of racking in that bay, barely visible from the end of the wide "tools" isle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

IME with screwfix, if you order and pay for it online, they only text you that it's ready to collect when they've been and picked it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns