Too much choice - sanitary silicone

I've a bit of sealing to do on a shower, WC, basin, so am looking at the Screwfix cat. There are 4 different ones, ranging from £4.99 (EvoStik) down to £1.75. Too much choice! Anyone got a view on the best buy? I want it to stay white and not grow mildew for as long as possible. (The £3.75 one says "thick.. for professional application" - is that a euphemism for difficult to apply?)

While I'm here...the PVA varies from £18.99 for 5l (Unibond) down to £9.99 and £6.99. Are the cheaper ones as good, or are they already diluted?

Thanks, anyone.

Reply to
Mac

Dunno about the silicone but the PVA .I got a 5ltr container from a timber merchants and it cost nothing like that iirc

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I've found little difference between different brands of sanitary silicone.

No, they're all about the same, nice and gloopy.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks (both). So no complaints about the cheapies. Thats great.

Reply to
Mac

I personally have found in the past that the Screwfix own brand cheapy sanitary sealant (they dont do it any more) didn't adhere too well and suffered from severe shrinkage.

Screwfix used to sell Everbuild sanitary sealant which cost more, but I personally did find it was a far better product.

Bill