Today's DIY cockup

The latter. :o)

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , Andrew Gabriel escribió:

"Being an electrician to trade, I've got absolutely no sense of electrical safety at all"

Made me smile.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Well, he has style!

Not sure though exactly what his problem with a 12V SELV PSU is though...

Bet the spiders who walk over that get an unexpected surprise!

Reply to
Tim Watts

This one:

reminded me of when I was playing with Xenon flash tubes as a kid.

CNBA to make a proper HV charging circuit.

So I made a classic voltage doubler fed from the mains to charge the main firing capacitor and the trigger capacitor.

Worked a treat. Made my mum a bit squiffy though as I had a bit of mains veroboard lying on the dining room table. My dad approved though (he was the one who'd explained voltage doublers).

Reply to
Tim Watts

I was also thinking that to stop the surge on halogens in series one might need a thermister in series as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff