Toasted sandwich makers that last > 13 months ?

Hi, Slightly off topic, but this forum always manages to amaze and
enlighten.
We eat lots of cheese toasted sandwiches, and have a Breville sandwich
maker with removable & washable plates.
The Teflon usually starts to come off the plates after a while
(usually just outside warranty). It's possible to buy replacement
plates (=A311 for plates =A316 for the whole thing). I don't want to buy a
new toaster which is wasteful, but I resent pouring good money into
a never ending series of replacement plates. The economics look
somewhat like inkjet printers, where it's cheaper to buy a new printer
has anyone found a toasted sandwich maker which:
1) Seals the sandwich (i.e not pannini style - a baked bean pannini
is not easy to eat )
2) has plates which can be easily removed to be cleaned in a
dishwasher
Cost may not be a factor IF I can find one which lasts
many thanks
Jonathan Ives
Reply to
jives11
No, by their nature they are disposable. Let's say you use it 4 times a week. That's 200 cycles a year, which if you replace every year is 8p per cycle. Not bad value. Not everything lasts forever.
Reply to
Grunff
?categoryCode=3I always use a microwave to do the cheese. Toast in the toaster then apply the cheese and give 30 seconds in microwave. No washing up!
Reply to
John
The life of PTFE is governed by the quality of the preparation which with Breville might well be quite good.
After that it is down to: operating temperature, cleaning regimens and amount of abrasion in use. Sugar can apparently damage it.
Maybe you leave the heating element on for too long?
Reply to
Weatherlawyer
So, apart from the Dualit our Breville Duo (non removable plates) is still doing well after a few years but then we don't use it *very* regularly.
It has lost the teflon in a couple of the corners but not enough to case any problems it seems.
And unlike the toaster [1] provides very predictable results.
All the best ..
T i m
[1] Any toaster we have used so far (see toaster threads) ;-)
Reply to
T i m
?categoryCode=3Two coats of non stick! How did they get the second to stick to the first?
Adam
Reply to
ARWadworth

Site Timeline Threads