Bread makers

There was a thread a while back regarding what bread maker to buy and what not to

can someone please point me at a make / model

yes - I'm useless at google group searches

Reply to
geoff

Panasonic

Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Panasonic SD 255 is the one to get. I bought one as a result of that thread and it is a doddle to operate.

mark

Reply to
mark

In message , mark writes

Thanks both of you

Sd-255 is ££97.49 in Argos - I'll send the mrs down to buy one

(see how lazy I can be when I try ...)

Reply to
geoff

Next you will be asking her to use the bread maker for you.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

What do you think I am...

A servant or summat

(someone is SO going to pick up on that - Wm in the turnpike support NG has already called me a misogynist and a racist )

Reply to
geoff

Or John Lewis £74.30?

Reply to
Rod

In message , geoff writes

So, got it now

Having a wife is SO much better than internet shopping

what's that less than an hour from asking what to get to having the thing unpacked in the kitchen

That's instant gratification for you

No sniggling at the back wadsworth ...

Reply to
geoff

Fuck - are they open until 6pm ?

Reply to
geoff

OK ordered, but SWMBO (ha ha) has refused to go and get it today, she'll do it tomorrow

So how mach cheaper could I have got the Cannon Connemara cooker which we bought today for £430 ?

Reply to
geoff

£344 +19.99 delivery. Bizarrely, from Boots.

Rod

Panasonic - never one with a glass window - condensation ruins the bread.

Reply to
John

Reply to
geoff

Would it count as internet shopping if you emailed her a list of things you wanted fetching from the shops?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Never tried

dunno

Reply to
geoff

they don't do it at argos, then currys will price match and give you

10% of the difference. They don't match boots as they are web only unlike argos.

They are delivering my samsung washer dryer tomorrow, £416 and free delivery. Boots £421 +£19.99, Currys before the match £560.

Reply to
dennis

alt.bread.recipes has a good crowd of helpful people.

Reply to
Periproct

which, for some reason, seems to be significantly cheaper than the "natural gas" equivalent (girl in the call centre said it must be because there aren't so many sold ... er what ?)

The natural gas version (incl del) comes to £436

Strangely, the same price as M&S who do free delivery and both use the same call centre it would seem

So - £430 still seems to be the beast price so far

Reply to
geoff

Ah - hadn't realised that. Odd though as I thought the difference was just the jets?

Or, if a black one is what you want, try Dixons.

(Did I really just type that...?)

Reply to
Rod

Perhaps the LPG version is subsidised by Calor and/or other LPG suppliers?

Reply to
Bruce