Candelabra base LED light that last.

In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America

1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of 30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a day, every day. More than 80 percent of those bulbs have now failed completely.

Most of the failed bulbs were operated less than 12 hours a day. All but one of the bulbs that are still working are now MUCH less bright than they were when they were new.)

Are there any candelabra base LED lights that put out at least half as much light as the Lights of America 1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights but that will actually last 30,000 (or more) hours? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

That's animal abuse!!!! Someone should kick YOU in the balls.....

Reply to
tangerine3

On Sun, 13 May 2012 00:56:28 -0700, Daniel Prince wrote Re Candelabra base LED light that last.:

Looks like you got suckered by the LED craze. Given what you probably paid for the LoA lights and what you will pay for the next batch of LED; You could have probably have run long-life incandescents 24/7 for

6.5986541132598741325 years.
Reply to
Vinny From NYC

The balls I kick are plastic toys. My cat was castrated before the animal shelter allowed me to take him home.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

Tangerine should come to my church meeting house. We have a clowset full of balls. He could take them in the gym, and stay occupied. They are seldom properly pressurized, he could blow all the balls to 5 PSI.

Tangerine probably supports spaying, and probably does not think that cutting off a cat's balls is abuse.

.

The balls I kick are plastic toys. My cat was castrated before the animal shelter allowed me to take him home.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's got to have enough metal heat sink. I would also suggest dimable.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I remember the days before we used to fix cats. Our male would disappear for days at a time and each time he'd come back with less of his ears.

I've had 2 males that lost their ears completely.

As for the females, a cat's gestation period is 2 months. They can really pump out kittens. Unless you have something preying on the cats, you can have hundreds of them in two years.

So, let's hope Tangerine supports spaying. I know I do.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I've had great success with Philips lighting products.

Reply to
RP McMurphy

why did you buy so many light bulbs at one time ?craze.

sunney

After a similar bad experience with some LED outdoor lighting, I now do the following:

- Use products from the major manufacturers - GE, Philips or Osram-Syvania

- Use Energy Star qualified products (There's a list at:

In either case, you will at least get a bulb from a manufacturerer who is likely to be around for a while, has a product warranty and handles complaints. Energy Star requires warranties for all products with its label.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic