Tiny house

We took the kids to see the Anne Frank House, and they peered into one of the side streets round the corner. (This was well away from the Red Light district.) I recall one of the kids asking: "Isn't that lady very cold? Why doesn't she put more on?"

Reply to
GB

In the context of Christmas (mangers, shepherds, magi, angels singing on high, leading onto crucifixion, resurrection, walking on water etc) how amazed?

Reply to
Nicholas D. Richards

Yuk.

Reply to
Robert E A Harvey

Oh not that amazed. Virgin births certainly unlikely anyway.

Reply to
Robert E A Harvey

Missed out virgin birth, no confirmed records for humans, but female Komodo Dragons do appear to be able to naturally lay eggs without a sexual partner. These eggs do appear to be viable hatching healthy dragons.

With a high degree of manipulation parthenogenetic mammalian zygotes have been produced, in-vitrio. Whether they could be viable is another matter and if they were, they might be very peculiar individuals. There is the small matter of male imprinted genes (ones that are switched on by being inherited from the father) to take into account.

Reply to
Nicholas D. Richards

't click the link, it crashes your PC.

Reply to
Jaffna Dog

> Don't click the link, it crashes your PC.

No, it crashes *your* PC.

Reply to
Huge

Does it crash their PC when we click on it? Because that could be fun.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Reply to
Huge

It's the ultimate way to ensure that people have been completely asset-stripped and cannot raise themselves out of poverty.

Reply to
Sleepalot

> Don't click the link, it crashes your PC.

Crashes *your* PC, displays perfectly well on mine.

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

"Sustainable happiness" - another oxymoron.

Reply to
Bob Eager

When my mother down-sized the first thing she did was to hire a skip.

Reply to
alan

No oxy required.

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Bob Eager

On 27/12/12 07:28, Sleepalot wrote: > It's cultural marxism: little houses for the little people. >

Or freedom from the debt-bondage of a mortgage.

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

A mortgage is a contract, freely entered into and regulated by law. Contracts are the basis of all trade.

The real bondage is property tax: that can never be paid off, and can rise without limit.

The income tax has built-in relief for the poor: if you earn nothing (or very little), you pay nothing. Property tax has no such provision.

Reply to
Sleepalot

Which is better than having to pay an ever increasing rent for the rest of your life. At least at the end of the mortgage, you own the asset, while after paying rent for all your life, you end up owning absolutely nothing. And you've normally paid a lot less for the privilege.

Another way of looking at a mortgage is that you are renting your home (Or part of it, depending on the deposit you paid.) from the bank, not a traditional landlord. In much the same way, I an currently renting my TV set and fridge off my bank, rather than Brighthome.

Reply to
John Williamson

There's a few houses round here built to that scale:

Mike Fleming

looking at it on streetview the one on the other side of the entrance into Potters Close is small as well,possibly both had to be built set back for visibility for traffic . I actually looked to see if it was a single house as I know of an instance where there was a large 1930's distribution transformer on a plot at the end of two streets . The leccie board was able to replace it with a much smaller one and sold the rest of the site off. In this instance the owner of the adjoining property purchased it and enlarged their average sized house to a reasonably large one with a garage.

whole site was about 18" deep in 15 -20mm shingle and before building started the owner allowed neighbours to remove a lot of it for garden paths etc, a mate took a few barrow loads which is how i came to know about it.

G.Harman.

Reply to
damduck-egg