Timer on Fused connection

It is possible to buy a fused connection with a timer built into ?

The reason I ask is that I have an outside light which I want to time to come on at dusk and go off at dawn to but at times I select. Tried an auto sensing bulb but it won't fit in my light. I used to have such a device as a replacement light switch on an internal light but can't seem to find it since it we moved house. I guess also I should have a fused connection for the outside light (as it does have currently)

Reply to
DavidKendall

If the circuit you are connecting to is on one of your lighting circuits, then you do not need to use an FCU. You would only need to do this if you were connecting to the ring main for example.

Here is an FCU with a built in timer:-

here's a gadget that sits behind an existing light switch:-

stevelup

There is a standalone resettable breaker with a timer included whic slots straight into your main consumer unit.Trying to think of th manufacturer but cant remember.I have one for my heatrace ho****e heating cable but not yet fitted it. Try googling -they do exist

-- freddyuk

Reply to
freddyuk