Timber frame extension bricks and roof

We're just starting an extension, building over the top of an attached garage. The new first floor will be from timber frame, and the whole lot is clad with the same bricks as the ground floor. The trusses and roof are going to be lifted off, stored and re-fitted.

My builder reckons he can fit the windows as he does the brickwork, the argument being he wont damage the windows as the timber frame, trusses and roof will all be in place by the time he comes to add the brick skin.

Is that the normal order to do a timber frame extension? i.e. 1st floor Timber frame, trusses, roof and then brickwork?

Painters10

Reply to
Painters10