tiling help please

I have only tiled a couple of window sills, however a friend has had a tiler in to tile his small bathroom, the guy has spent 5 days and done very little. He says it is a difficult job. I have not seen the work but my friend says the tiles are uneven and not straight. It took him several weeks to get this guy, so I am wondering how difficult is it, also where can I get guidance if it is not too hard a job? If it was my own house I would have a go without hesitation, but am a bit worried doing it for someone else. I have both a "snap" tile cutter and a diamond wheeled one. Any and all advice gratefully received.

Reply to
Broadback

Standard ceramic tiles and using spacers are childs play, grouting hides a lot of uneveness so dont be too fussy, small bathroom should be done in a day and grouted the next.

Reply to
Staffbull

Sounds like he's never tiled a large area before.

If you have never tiled a large area before? don't offer your services.

It should only take a full day? to do a small bathroom depending how good we are at tiling.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby