Ticking pipes

Are ticking central heating pipes a problem? I imagine eventually they will wear through with the continous movement, or am I just paranoid?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

In about 300 years probably.

Its just movement against (typically) a piece of wood and or a pipe clamp. better practice is to install felt wrappers where pipes are clamped, to allow a little give.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Paranoid, I would suspect. Our CH has been ticking (and clanking) away for over 30 years...

Reply to
Huge

I know it is movement, that's why I imagine the horror story of it sawing through the pipes... I was thinking of wrapping all the pipes to get rid of the annoyance factor alone.

At the last place I worked, the plumber put a heating pipe through a hole he drilled in a breeze block. I always thought that would get cut through.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Reply to