Cheap building to enclose pool

I have an open air pool area about 15 x 10 meters. I'm toying with the idea of enclosing it with a transparent roof. I don't want an inflatable bubble thing or polytunnel. I'd rather have something more permanent. On the other hand I would not want to go to the expense of having a double glazed conservatory this size!

It already has brick built walls which vary in height from about 1.2 -

1.8 meters high all round.

I'd like to do as much of it myself as I can. Suggestions.

Cheers

Nick

Reply to
NickW

I'd build a timber framed 'shed' just outside the brick walls, construct an apex roof frame and roof it with multi wall (3 or

5) polycarb.

That's not going to be cheap though - you'd need 30 off 6x1m sheets, at ~£150 per sheet. Plus all the timber, plus whatever you use to clad the sides. Plus the glasing bars for the polycarb (which can be disturbingly expensive).

Reply to
Grunff

10 metres is a hell of an unsupported span! I think you need a metal structure of some sort - with metal trusses supporting a pitched roof - clad in corrugated perspex or similar. Might be worth looking at a few farm buildings to get some ideas.
Reply to
Set Square