Thsi weeks Grand Designs

They are back with Tom, they guy with the bird wings roof.

You know the one who trusted his arcitect to design something that was humannly possible to build, but wans't, so he decided to self build it.

Whats that survey, 1 in 10 people are incopentent at work, Tom found it was more like

99 in 100 ..........

I *REALLY* felt for this guy.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

possible to build, but wans't, so he decided to self build it.

like 99 in 100 ..........

This wasn't the bloke who went ahead against his project planner's decisions to put up a natural wood roof in the wet so that it warped was it?

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

In article , Witchy writes

Yep. The guys who did the piling with ex north sea drilling pipes have a video of the gory mess on their stand at Various Home renovating/self build expos. They reckon his contingency fund is over a million.

Reply to
Andrew

Although he wouldn't say what the budget was.

I reckon he's spent about £1.5M so far ...

Reply to
Huge

Its just been on, he was THREE times over budget, and not finished the inside ........

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Not sure I like it either! :-) The Hauf (sp?) house looked far nicer.

Cheers, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Yup, as someone else mentioned it also looked like an airport terminal.

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy