Combi boiler pressure part 2!

If my system pressure goes from 1 bar cold to 2.3 bar hot, Have I got a problem with the expansion tank?

Reply to
Richard Markham

Yes. Check its charge pressure. Sounds as if all pressure has gone.

Reply to
IMM

Is this a new phenomenon, or has it always done it?

If it's recent, and was OK in the past then it's likely that the pressure vessel has lost pressure and needs to have some air added via (e.g.) a footpump, or it is possible that the diaphragm inside has sprung a leak, in which case that means a new pressure vessel.

If it has happened from new, then it could be that the expansion capacity in the system is inadequately sized and a larger or an additional vessel is needed. Often in these cases, the pressure relief valve lifts and water is ejected. Then on cooling the pressure drops below what it was before - a vicious circle because you keep topping up to no avail.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall