This will upset Harry

So that makes it OK?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Stuff here

and here

Despite being adjacent, the indigenous Cornish are different to the indigenous Devonians, showing the influence of the River Tamar that separates the two counties for most of the county boundary.

Pamela mentioned the Normans, who were in fact originally Vikings who invaded and settled in northern France, i.e. Normandy. Norman = Norseman

Chris Hogg

Your ancestors were.

Reply to
dennis

Great article. For such a tiny country those Danes certainly got about. It's fascinating that they should also be the origin of the rather capable Normans as well as settling a large part of Britain.

I can see I should watch all of the History of Ancient Britain the next time it comes around rather than dipping into the odd episode!

Reply to
pamela

Not impossible, in fact. The Vikings were great explorers and traders, and there is evidence that they went as far as Baghdad and the Caspian.

Chris Hogg

Yes, and the first true Briton was a jet-black, sub-Saharan, African shamen who cooked-up missionaries to eat in a giant stew-pot. You've been reading the Beano too! :-D A little more effort and you'll be as wise as Pamela! :->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

There are some things that they can reasonably accurately determine from a DNA profile these days and they are getting better at it. It is astonishing that they can get usable DNA out of a fossil bone that old.

Skin, hair and eye colours are now possible. Interesting that they were able to find someone locally who was a common ancestor descendant.

Reply to
Martin Brown

So you think Diane Abbot would be good running the country?

Reply to
harry

Do you think she is the leader of the opposition? You probably do, being who you are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does the leader run the country all by themselves? :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

and in the UK the youth trend is to speak in patwa or the gang speak of the LA which comes from the black population, they can't even pull their trousers up.

There are racists and culturalist some can't tell the differnce.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I believe in what's proved via evidence.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes I agree with that and that is what was worrying those indians and pakis tanis and anyone else of colour who the more recent Eutern europans are ver y racists as they haven;t seen any black people where they come from, biut we seem to want to encourge these from the EU. Even those Germans in germany have complained that those serving in their c offee shops are speaking English and not german, why sgould that be a probl em ?

I've even heard that God was a black women in a wheelchair :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Of course not. No single person does. But the most powerful is the PM.

But I'd suggest you direct this at harry. Who seems to have an Abbot fixation.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So they had problems with migrants even back then?

Reply to
harry

She got the job because Corvin was shagging her. And because she a black women

harry

Its not a fossil.

Reply to
dennis

Funny how most right wingers can't accept their ancestors were black despite the evidence. I suppose its the same trait that makes them lie about brexit.

Reply to
dennis

Depends what you mean by problems.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And who are 'they'? The place was empty after the last ice age.

Reply to
Chris Hogg