Thinner for Evo-stik

I have a tin ov evo-stick, its gone a bit thick and would like to thin is slightly.I am not sure if it is the old or new version. It contains Heptane and isomers,solvent Naptha.

I have stuff like acetone and paint thinner kicking around, would they be any good?

Reply to
ss

Old evostick is toluine based, IIRC. EU forced them to stop using toluine.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Unleaded petrol is closer to matching heptane and solvent naphtha. Or the old Hammerite thinner which ISTR was almost pure xylene.

Be careful with highly flammable solvent thinners and be aware that a really stiff gel will be thin and watery if you add slightly too much.

Add solvent a few drops at a time to a small test amount then scale up.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I`ll try some unleaded and see how it goes. Thanks

Reply to
ss

Evo-Stik remover is "heptane and isomers, solvent naphtha". More expensive, but should work! TBH, I try not to use Evo-Stik if I don't have some remover around....

Reply to
Bob Eager

do appreciate doing that is dangerous, just in case you dont

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Basically, do it outside in the garden ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Have done. Couple of tablespoons of unleaded probably needs just a bit more, but going in the right direction.

Reply to
ss

Evo used to sell tins of Evostik Remover. If they still do, some of that might be an ideal thinner. The tin I've got smells quite different to any other common solvent.

Reply to
Dave W

It used to be the glue sniffer's favourite. Kept under lock and key in the sheds. But Evostick changed its formulation for the worse not so long ago, so may now use different stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did mention that a few days ago. The can I bought recently was about 4 quid and has the same 'recipe' as the solvents in the glue.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That's the new formulation glue. My new tin of remover matches it.

Reply to
Bob Eager