Thickness of plasterboard

I am in the process of removing a redundant airing cupboard from the corner of one bedroom.Taking away the beeze block walls has left a gap in the ceiling so I am going to have to fit a new bit of plaster board about 70cm square. I have measured the thickness of the board used for the ceiling and it seems to be 17mm but in B&Q I can only find 9mm, Is

17mm available? or will I have to use two bits of 9mm and end up 1mm too thick?
Reply to
Mortimer

In message , Mortimer writes

don't know about 17mm, but they do make 15mm - it might be this with a skim coat, though not used so much as the 12mm and 9.5mm.

If whatever board you use isn't thick enough just pack out with bit's of hardboard or whatever.

Reply to
chris French