thermoststs

have a stat in the middle of the wall! Has anybody had experiance of remote (no wires) thermostats? What is the current "best" conventional stat, if I have to go that way?

Reply to
Maurice Hood

I'm not sure what you want to achieve! Do you want, in effect, to move the stat somewhere else without rewiring it? Do you want a programmable stat which allows you to have different temperatures at different times of day and/or days of the week without any manual intervention (once it's programmed)?

The programmable stat which is probably mentioned most often in this NG is the Honeywell CM67. You can get this in wired or wireless (RF) versions. The wired version would be a straight replacement for your existing stat, but would allow you to programme it.

The RF version is in two parts - the actual switch, which needs to be where the wires are (1) - and the temperature sensing intelligent part, which can be anywhere you like (2) provided it can maintain radio contact with the first bit.

I'm not aware of any RF stats which are not programmable - unless someone out there knows otherwise!

(1) As an alternative, you could probably put the switching part next to the CH junction box, with very little re-wiring - and abandon the wires to the existing stat

(2) Clearly it needs to be in a sensible place to sense a representative temperature for the whole house - since the boiler and pump are going to be switched on and off as a result of its decisions

HTH.

Reply to
Set Square